Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Triathlon

I finished my first triathlon on Saturday. It was actually pretty fun and not as hard as I thought it would be. Don’t get me wrong I was tired when I was done but not as thoroughly spent as I thought I would be. The day started out with my chip being accidentally given to someone else. So they were broadcasting over the PA system that everyone should check their chip. About 10 minutes before the race started they gave me a new number. It might have been nice to concentrate on not drowning rather then worrying about my chip. Ok who am I kidding it wouldn’t have made a difference. In any case I did the entire thing. I was happy with my swimming (even though it was slow) and biking but my running was a little slower then I would have liked. I finished pretty much in the middle of the pack. Which I was happy with considering I had never done it before and my training consisted of biking to work and playing soccer. Biking was the funniest because I flew by everyone. Only got passed by like 3 people the entire time. Was a great feeling. My bike time was about 12 mins off the best time. I wanted to be a little closer then that but it didn’t happen. I do think with Koogs swimming, me biking, and with a person to be named later running that we could really compete in the coed relay division. The winning coed team did it in 2 hrs 10 mins. They swam in 22, biked slower then I did, and then ran 5:45 miles. I think Koogs could come close to 25 if that is all she had to do. I could further increase my speed biking and make more time there then hopefully the person to be named later can run like the wind. Not that we would win but it be fun to see where we could finish….Bottom line is it was fun and I would do it again. There is a little empty feeling not having that looming in the future then I remember oh yea I am going to be a dad soon…

No comments: