Monday, August 6, 2007

Film Anyone?

Another day closer to being a dad. Not sure why I mention this besides the fact that it is (evil Matrix voice) inevitable. Ok its not a bad thing its just that my mind seems to work in movie quotes a lot…specially with the amount of film I watched this weekend.

Friday night I had the idea that I would go to Block E and pay for a $9 movie at like 5pm and try to see as many movies as I could. Get my money’s worth. Ok so I didn’t go to the movies on Friday but that idea is still there and before all the blockbusters leave the theatre I will put the plan into action.

On Saturday I played some soccer and on my bike ride home thought I would go to the Powderhorn Art Fest. I called Tsjaz and he swung by to join me. It was nice to walk around Powderhorn. I must admit it’s the first time I have ever done it. The park is decent. The art displays were nice. As usual there is some stuff you wonder who on earth would purchase and how on earth they would fit it in a house. I did notice like a lot of them were not “local”. I saw a place from Iowa and Illinois. I guess they are not that far away but I am betting there was someone in Minnesota who could have been there. Maybe I am being too picky. I didn’t get anything besides lemonade. All in all it was fun.

Tsjaz gave me the mini-series to Battlestar Galactica and I proceeded to watch the entire thing on Saturday (3 plus hrs I think) and then go see Bourne Ultimatum. Maybe not the most productive Saturday on earth but if I could I would do it more often. So Battlestar Galactica is good. Though I am still reeling over the fact that Starbuck (I wanted to mention that spell check wanted to put Tarbush in for Starbuck) is a woman. Mind-boggling. So far I give it a B. They did do a good job of setting up the series though there were some pretty cheesy parts of it. Though the scenes with number 6 and the scientist are funny and dumb at the same time. I do like how they have the silent space battles.

Bourne Ultimatum did not disappoint. Of course there are some scenes where you have to suspend reality but isn’t that why you go to a movie? Also there could have been less shaky camera going on. Because of the Bourne movies and Good Will Hunting I will always think Matt Damon is really smart and can kick some major ass.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Way to stick to the Man by seeing multiple movies at Block E.