Monday, September 14, 2009

Steve's Last Night in Town

For a while when I have talked about the cabin I have felt like the song above. I kept talking about it going away and it never would happen. Well that day is done. I got a call from my dad on Friday and the cabin is officially going on the market today. Makes me sick to my stomach to think about it. Money makes people do some pretty crazy things. A piece of land that has been in the family forever will be gone for no reason other then people want the money from it. Dad said he couldn't do anything to save it because it is just too much money for him to buy etc. While I know my dad is trying I just don't believe he really did everything. He didnt talk to his siblings years ago about a way to keep it or by them out. He didn't buy my Uncle Jim out of the trust when my uncle Jim begged hiim to do it. Now these people will become multi millionaires. Drives me nuts. I could go on but honestly it just makes me sick. Hopefully it will be around one more summer but who knows. One positive thing is I will probably never see any of these relatives again and to be honest I will be better for it.

No comments: