Monday, September 21, 2009

Big Cup

Wow what a nice weekend. Got some water skiing in and was able to drop a ski and ride for a while. I did it goofy which is what I am but it didn't seem normal. Maybe being on one ski just isn't normal.

Golfing was fun but we didn't break any records. -5 under only.

Vikings fans at work talking like it is all but a forgon conculsion that the Vikings are the best team ever. I keep trying to remind them that they have played Clevland and Detriot(not exactly power houses) and in both cases started the game slow. If they do that against a good time they might have some issues coming back. Though as much as I hat to admit it the Vikings are good. Interesting to see how Favre does in 8 weeks after talking a few more hits. Oh yea and the Bears got a lucky win so that works.

I seem to have a lot of these moments but do you ever have a moment when you think...."Humanity as a whole is doomed." I am sitting at work about 5 minutes ago and this muscle head who happens to be a football coach for 10 year olds. Is talking about someone on his team getting imjured and feeling proud that he told the 10 year old to "Stop complaining about being hurt get in the game and go hit somebody" 10 years old? This is what is wrong with sports. I hope Isaac likes theater or something non sport releated.

Lastly, in an attempt to understand "the other side". I am reading a book by Glen Beck. It is really really hard to continue reading it but I feel I must complete it in order to put together complete thoughts on exactly how crazy the Birthers and like are. I will start by dissecting the first thought in his book which is about saying we all voted for "change" in washington and what the politicians think we voted for was a system of handouts and entitlements. First, I don't know about the rest of you but I voted for change away from the party in power because we couldn't take another 8 years Bush like policies and that is exactly what MCain was proposing. I also happen to think that some type of affordable health care for everyone is a right. Not sure if that is a government run system or not but I think it is a right. What we have isn't working. So sorry Glen(who by the way no way is in the we that voted for Obama) I was voting for a completly different type of change that you say I was voting for. Strike 1 on your great theories.

No comments: