Wednesday, September 9, 2009

District 9

All in all I liked the movie. My expectations were way to high but even with that I still liked it. It had pretty cool special effects like the "air" pulse gun and some totally quality kills. Don't read any father if you don't want it ruined. A few things that bothered me. First is that none of the aliens could use there own guns. Was it because they were all worker aleins and not able to or smart enough to use guns. Who knows. Also I didn't like how the movie came in and out of documentary mode. Lastly I think there was too much content there for a short movie. I started to think how/why did the aliens come to earth? Was it to spread black fluid and turn everyone into aliens themselves? Were they coming in peace? Were they only here to get fix/get fuel for the ship? How did there ship get stuck and without any power how was it floating? Wouldn't the military be trying to take apart the ship as much as they were trying to acquire and steal gun technology? I mean come on 20 years floating above Johanaburg? What situation made all the worker aleins live but none of the smart ones(well except one possibly?) Will the alien come back in 3 years? Was that a lame set up for a sequel. I think it be cool to have a prequel that bleeds into a sequel. In any case I had a lot of questions but the movie was still entertaining. I give it a 8 out of 10 stars

No comments: