Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I Hate People

It was a pleasant 42 degrees and pouring rain when I left for work this morning. As I am biking to work a make a stop at a stop sign to wait for some cars to pass before I take a left turn. When I stop I would say I was in the middle of "my" lane. I had to wait a minute for the cross traffic to clear. As I am waiting a car pulls up next to me pretty much half in "our" lane and half in the oncoming lane. When the traffic clears I start to make my left turn and the car starts to go straight across the intersection. Right from the start my sixth sense or my bicycle sense started tingling so I didn't make a hard left turn but went straight a little knowing this bozo was going to do something stupid. As he went by I shinned my nice new helmet light right in his face. The driver then proceeds to give me the hands up in the air like somehow this was my fault. Cases like that I wish I could interrupt peoples radios and give them a lecture on the rules of the road. Or maybe just call them an idiot. I know I don't always make the best choices when I bike but I am not driving a 2000 lb machine either.


Was a fun game to watch last night. Was close to the end even though it seemed like Minnesota should have been winning 40-10.

No comments: