Friday, July 13, 2007

Another one bites the dust....

Shea bites the dust to be exact. Ok well it bites the dust by a technicality. We did get in the stadium but after like 15 minutes of rain they cancelled the game. I come to find out that the Mets were pissed that they were playing a night game when the next day they had a day night double header at Philly. They were mad because they had to travel. I mean god forbid you travel from New York to Philly. I mean thats like cross country. So I learned that before a game starts the home team has the option to play or postpone a game. Once the game starts the umpires have authority to call or delay a game. So the Mets decided after a few sprinkles that they could call the game and travel "all night" to Philly. In a nutshell this is what is wrong with baseball. I mean what a bunch of old ladies. Get some nuts for god sakes. Is that the reason they are scratching all the time? Still trying to get thier nads to drop? Secondly why the hell don't the umpires have the call before the game starts. Why only after the game starts? Really one of the dumbest things ever. So I always hated the Mets and here is one more reason to hate them more. I know you think hate is a strong word but really I do hate them. Can you tell I am a little irrate about traveling to New York to watch a bunch of "tough" baseball players complain enough to cancel a game after 10 minutes of sprinkles. LAME!

No comments: