Monday, July 16, 2007

Cabin Fun

So a weekend at hacienda Kugler. A&J and Tsjaz joined on us. A small group but fun. The weather was almost perfect. It did thunder and lightening on friday night but there was no rain pay off. Saturday Koogs and myself went fishing before the others showed up. Koogs was trying to set a record for the number of bass and northern caught under 8 inches. As normal she goes for quantity but I got quality. Saturday night the lake was glass and it continued almost all day Sunday. Pretty unusual to have such glass like conditions during the day. I'd give the fishing a B+. Suprisingly good for middle of summer. Fish to remember from the weekend. Koogs setting an under 8" record, Tsjaz catching a ~25 inch northern...I didnt measure it, J and Koogs catching 14ish inch crappie, me catching a 19ish delicous bass. Like I said all and all a good weekend.

The dock is complete. Looks great. Its nice to have a big dock to hang out on. There are a few odds and ends missing still that will have to be gotten from Stubs. All and all happy.

Now to my crazy idea. I have been tossing around the idea of making a fish log. This would entail catching fish and tagging them. You would take vital stats when you tagged them. Ie type of fish, size of fish, when and where in lake you caught them, what you caught them on etc.. Then if you ever recaught a fish with a tag you could re log it in the books. In some weird sort of way you would be able to track fish. Maybe this is the Biologist I never was coming out in me. No idea but it sounds fun to me.

No comments: