Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bubble boy

I have made a concious decision to not watch or read any news. I find it to be pretty nice. I don't get riled up everytime I see someone debating Michelle Bachman's ideas like they actually have merit and are not just ravings of a sly lunatic. I find myself living happily in my little bubble. I al don't have to feel guilty about not being more involved.

On a completely different subject. As I was biking home last night at about 6 pm I had one of those scared shitless moments. As any one knows around these parts it is pretty dark at 6pm. I have a nice light but it can only do so much. In any case, I am not emberassed to say that I had a death grip on my handlebars, a clenched jaw, and all breathing had stopped. This occured because I just missed hitting a small dear by about 2". I actually am not really sure how I didn't hit it. Hard to tell when your eyes are closed. Ok my eyes were not closed but I was frozen in the paralysis of fear. In any case I had a good laugh about it after it happened.

No comments: