Monday, March 31, 2008

Hawaii 5 0

Hawaii was nice and warm. I camped on the beach 2 nights so that was nothing to complain about. I did get yelled at on Monday by a Park pooolice for not buying a permit. He actually was pretty cool about it. The thing I found strange was that there are only like 3 places on the entire island to buy a camping permit. I thought that was pretty unfriendly for camping in general. It was a very crowded weekend as it was spring break and Easter. Is it necessary to say spring break and Easter? Do they always land on the same day...No idea..Moving on.. So I did some swimming and some body surfing, though I have no idea how to body surf on Hawaiian waves. I had nor problem in New Zealand but Hawaii I just don't get. The waves don't roll they just kind of smash into the ground. Making for some good sand pummeling when you try to ride them. So in an effort to avoid the crowds I decided I would go more towards the interior of the island and hike figuring no one would be there. Well I was correct in my assessment but had a somewhat Deliverance experience. You look mighty pretty boy...That sure is a pretty smile..never mind.

It isn't all that great that winter decided it isn't over yet. Pretty much done with winter this year but apparently its not done with me...

No comments: